Vice President, Development Managed Portfolio-West
Wyndham Hotel Group, hotel giant with an unmatched global presence, is one of three hospitality business units of Wyndham Worldwide. We’re a hospitality powerhouse, with 19 iconic brands united by the most generous and simplest rewards program in the business, Wyndham Rewards.
We are driving the democratization of travel by transforming to deliver better value for the everyday traveler. We believe travelers deserve great experiences and real value, and our portfolio – including our strength in economy and midscale hotels – delivers that.
Our global portfolio consists of more than 8,000 hotels and over 697,600 rooms in 77 countries under the following brands: Dolce Hotels and Resorts®, Wyndham Grand®, Dazzler® Hotels, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®, Wyndham Garden® Hotels, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham®, Ramada®, Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Super 8®, Howard Johnson®, Travelodge® and Knights Inn®.
Wyndham Rewards, ranked number one hotel rewards program for 2016-2017 by U.S. News & World Report, offers more than 50 million members the opportunity to earn and redeem points at more than 25,000 hotels, condos and homes globally.
The Vice President of Development plays a key strategic role with responsibility for the direct management of hotel development activities in the US and Canada within the Wyndham Hotel Management Company (WHM). The objective of this role is to deliver on the Wyndham Hotel Group strategic growth plans by negotiating and managing the execution of Hotel Management Agreements (HMAs) for hotel conversion, new construction and portfolio opportunities. Other key functions include but are not limited to prospecting and qualification of potential management/brand company acquisition opportunities; retention and/or transfer negotiation of existing Hotel Management Agreements (HMAs); and strategic planning and investment analysis. The VP of Development will work closely with senior management and collaborate across multiple internal and external constituencies and disciplines to ensure strategic objectives are achieved.
More specifically, the VP of Development will have the following responsibilities:
• Identifying and qualifying hotel management contract opportunities that are accretive to the portfolio through a variety of sources. These include but are not limited to hotel ownership companies, brokers, real estate developers, lenders, internal and induced lead generation, and “off-market” sources.
• Tailor and deliver presentations to prospective clients that highlight the value proposition of WHM relative to the unique situation and investment thesis of the target project.
• Lead negotiations of agreements and coordinate contracts with owners/owner representatives.
• Collaborate with senior management and supporting constituents to ensure that negotiations are aligned with WHM growth, risk and financial objectives.
• Assist owners and developers to identify and engage sources of capital/financing for hotel acquisition and development.
• Represent and be the face of WHM at hospitality industry events and conferences.
• Develop and maintain extensive database and working relationships with potential owners, capital sources, and other hospitality industry influencers.
• Monitor and remain current on significant industry and competitor developments/initiatives.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of major purchase/sale transactions, activities of debt and equity, providers and other hospitality related trends within the US and Canada.
• As needed, assist other members of development team on special projects.
Extensive sales experience
Proven achievement in sales by exceeding quotas
Excellent organizational skills
Effective Presentation Skills
Excellent judgment in evaluating opportunities for the company
New Construction Development Knowledge
Commercial Real Estate Understanding
A desire to travel
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
a) College degree is preferred
b) Candidate will possess 10+ years of experience with a focus on hotel investment, management and brand contract development
c) Successful track-record in sourcing and execution of Full Service hotel management and brand contract execution.
d) A record of achieving quotas in a sales organization
e) Extensive experience with feasibility and investment analysis
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.