Vice President of Security and Exchange Commission & Corporate Legal
Reporting to the General
Counsel, the Vice President, SEC and Corporate would be responsible for the entire spectrum
of corporate and securities matters confronting large, U.S. public companies,
including SEC filings, matters related to the Board, corporate governance (at
the Board level and internally), and corporate finance..
Lead a team responsible for all issues related to corporate governance and securities, applying a deep understanding of the company’s strategic initiatives and business needs to provide tailored, pragmatic legal and business counsel. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring compliance with federal and state securities and corporate laws, as well as applicable rules, regulations, and listing standards that affect public company reporting or compliance, including Sarbanes-Oxley, Dodd Frank, ISS, etc.
- Overseeing all SEC filings (proxy, quarterly and annual reports, 8-Ks, Section 16 filings etc.)
- Advising on all applicable securities and disclosure matters, , including insider trading, Regulation FD compliance, lender reporting obligations, securities offerings and financing transactions.
- Establishing, and helping ensure compliance with, strong corporate governance across the organization..
- Collaborating with senior management to ensure the flow of information between management and the Board, including preparation of Board Books and correspondence with the Board. .
- Supporting Board, Committee, and Annual Shareholders meetings, including planning and organization of the meetings and preparing related documents (consents, agenda drafts, meeting documents, minutes, resolutions, monitoring “follow-ups,” and document retention).
- Leading a team comprised of in-house attorneys, as well as an experienced staff of paralegals and legal secretaries.
- Overseeing subsidiary management
- Regularly interacting with and advising senior executives, members of the finance, accounting, HR, tax, treasury, investor relations, business planning and product teams, as well as external advisors.
- Advising consumer finance and securitization teams on matters related to their businesses, including Asset Backed Securities transactions and debt collection practices.
- Advising on executive compensation matters and preparing/reviewing equity compensation disclosure
- Advising the company on applicable regulatory and other legal risks of possible business decisions, providing preventive counseling associated with standard business practices and specific business transactions.
- Supporting legal aspects of strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, investments, divestitures and joint ventures.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Juris Doctor with 10+ years’ legal experience in a corporate and securities related position
- Broad corporate, securities, and governance experience, including: leading or supporting transactions; drafting and negotiating agreements; deep knowledge and experience working on ’33 and ’34 Act compliance, as well as NYSE listing standards and requirements, etc.
- Experience with corporate governance, including the preparation of charters, bylaws, governance guidelines, policies, Board minutes, consents, annual shareholder meeting materials, etc.
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with a variety of private entity structures especially limited liability companies and corporate structures.
- Excellent management skills and business judgment, with a capacity to made decisions and give advice that incorporates a deep understanding of the business objectives and the risks/rewards of each situation.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and with non-legal audiences.
- Proactive and curious personality; someone who is eager and committed to learning the industry and company’s business.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Industry-related experience a plus.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, Diversity Inc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary and bonus, benefits and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive:
- Medical/dental and vision care plans
- A 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max)
- Programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance amongst others
Come and be part of One Family, One Team, One Company . . . Wyndham
People Make the Difference
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.