Waiter/waitress - Wyndham Garden Dammam
Scope and General Purpose of Job
Under the direction of Restaurant Manager /in-charge to assists and participates in the running of an efficient and profitable restaurant operation.
All work will be in line with the hotel’s business plan and in accordance with Wyndham corporate policies and procedures, as well as local requirements and regulations
The primary responsibilities of the role include
· Reports for duty by the scheduled time, clean and tidy and wearing the correct uniform.
· Greets and seats guests, and ensures that they receive prompt, courteous and efficient service.
· Attends the F&B daily briefing session
· Gathers reservations and allocates tables making sure of proper distribution and scheduling of guest's arrival.
· Ensures that the reservation booked is properly kept.
· Responsible for cashiering for the restaurant; opening and closing of the cashiering shift; and maintains bills in
· Demonstrates pride in work place and a high level of commitment.
· Anticipates guests’ needs whenever possible and react to these to enhance guests’ satisfaction.
· To minimize operating costs by using all equipment and products in accordance with company or manufacture
· Assists in managing all activities of the restaurant.
· Reports all maintenance requirements and hazards in the work place.
· Ensures that restaurant premises, FF&E, silver, glass, porcelain etc… are clean and in good working order.
· Checks regularly to ensure guests receive efficient, knowledgeable and courteous service, and high quality
· Maximizes guest satisfaction by communicating guest specifications to kitchen.
· Prepares daily/weekly requisitions forms for general store as well as food and beverage supplies.
· To fill in breakage report for utensils and crockery for chief steward's record.
· Adhering to work in other restaurants/bar whenever required.
· To organize and checks that service side stations are fully stocked at the commencement of service; and replenishes, maintains it clean, tidy & orderly throughout service
· Works pro-actively to minimize guest complaints
· Informs guests and staff of applicable hotel rules and limitations within policies and guidelines.
· Follows-up with guests to determine satisfaction, measures the results and establishes strategies to improve the
· Quality of the guests’ experience.
· Checks the restaurant reservations, hotel arrival lists, and VIP list and is aware of VIP guests, and use name when appropriate.
· Performs all daily tasks to a consistent high standard in line with both departmental standards and outlet’s SOP.
Laws, Regulations & Policies
· Ensure compliance with business operations laws
· Ensure compliance with hospitality operations laws
· Ensure compliance to all applicable laws, and corporate standards and guidelines
· Fosters and develops effective associate relations throughout the hotel
Health & Safety
· Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
· Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
· Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced to provide for the security and safety of guests and associates
· Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
· Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms and appearance
· Attends meetings and trainings required by the Department Head or Hotel Management.
· Attends meetings and training as required.
· Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the hotel’s efficient operation and knowledge of own job function.
· Ensures all requests and correspondence (e.g. from Department Head) are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
· Attends any property meetings that are relevant to the position.
· Is knowledgeable about corporate loyalty / Incentive Programmes.
· Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary.
· Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently.
· Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel’s stakeholders.
· Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape.
· Embraces the core values of Wyndham Hotels and is seen as a brand ambassador of WHG
· Is well updated on, and possesses solid knowledge of the following:
- Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
- Wyndham Hotels standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Current licensing relating to own responsibility, and to the hotel
- Accepted methods of payment by the hotel
- Corporate clients generating high business volume
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
· Food handling certificate.
· Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
· Ability to provide legible communication.
· Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
· Certification of previous training in food service.
· Ability to communicate in a second language preferably Arabic
· Ability to understand guests' service needs.
· Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time.
· Ability to focus attention on details.
· Ability to access and input information into Micros system.
· Ability to maintain good coordination and timing while doing tasks quickly.
· Ability to exert physical effort in transporting food and beverage guests.
· Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work areas.
· Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATE & EDUCATION
· Two years’ experience in the Hospitality Industry.
· High school graduate, some college.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.